Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Sky is Falling

I've heard troubling rumblings about the publishing industry.  It seems the publishers are trying to cater to an increasingly narrowing audience.  The sales of E-Books has really taken off yet publishers haven't utilized this market.  The scary thing about E-Books is that ANYONE can publish them.  Publishers are probably scared because E-Books "appear" to threaten their existence.  This doesnt' have to be true.  If publishers ignore E-Books it has a better chance of coming true, but it doesn't have to be that way.

What scares me is that if publishers go away we loose the "gate keepers" of the writing industry.

But most of all it is the general turmoil that scares me.  Gone, it seems, are the days when all I had to worry about was getting a publisher to print my book.  Now I may have the run the show myself.

...Although maybe I should finish something before I worry about publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment